Job Title: Advocacy Officer
Accountable to: Executive Director, MEMPROW
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring MEMPROW proactively influences policy, and behaviour in favour for MEMPROW’s vision and mission. She will be responsible for revising and implementing the Advocacy strategy at MEMPROW. She will work with the Communications Officer, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Programmes team, and partners in implementing MEMPROW’s Advocacy Strategy. The post holder will be based at MEMPROW Head office at Kampala.
As a key member of the team, to contribute towards the implementation of
MEMPROW’s strategy. Including, but not limited to:
▪ Taking lead and supporting the team to craft Advocacy messages rooted in African feminist principles, and ensuring:
o Visibility and upholding of MEMPROW’s identity
o Right messages and medium for targeted audiences
o Safety and safeguarding for MEMPROW, the team and the people we serve
▪ In collaboration with the MEMPROW leadership team and working closely with the programme team, to establish priorities for advocacy, develop an implementation plan for the same.
▪ Stake holder mapping for the advocacy goals to establish a target path way for key partners and stakeholders that we will need to partner with.
▪ To assist and facilitate with Advocacy capacity development (grounded in feminism work)
for MEMPROW and partners within the region of operation.
▪ To actively participate in community, regional and national advocacy engagements for
▪ To advise MEMPROW on the appropriate advocacy strategies required for different projects and programmes
To support in gathering and disseminating of data
▪ To work in conjunction with other staff and partners in the region of operation, on tracking the impact of Advocacy efforts using appropriate methodologies including feminist research methods, in order to measure the impact of the service within the region.
▪ To package communication material, reports including new findings at MEMPROW, and disseminate to relevant stakeholders using most effective channels
▪ Support writing and publishing of articles and papers at MEMPROW
To build MEMPROW’s networking and collaboration agenda and develop more
▪ To oversee and actively participate in MEMPROW’s networking and collaboration
events, seeking for effective ways of productive engagement.
▪ Developing alliances for enhanced and continuous advocacy and learning
To continuously use the legal and regulatory system for effective advocacy:
▪ To continuously monitor trends in regional, national and international legal and regulatory system and use this knowledge to inform MEMPROW’s interventions.
▪ Provide updates and build capacity of the MEMPROW team to advocate at various levels in different contexts.
To support the effective implementation of MEMPROW’s programmes
including, but not limited to:
▪ Promote the Mission Statement and organisational aims and values of MEMPROW and ensure that these are reflected within all areas of responsibility.
▪ Undertake other duties within MEMPROW as may be requested by the institutional leadership.
Review of Job Description: This job description may be reviewed from time to time in consultation with the post holder, to take account of the changing needs of MEMPROW.
How to apply: Send an email to Memprow@memprow.org